Developing Multimedia Assets using Fireworks and Flash
- to develop a range of professional IT skills relevant to multimedia
design, development and publishing
- to introduce and explore the range of features available in Fireworks
and Flash (Adobe CS)
- to learn methods for designing, creating and adding multimedia content
(images, audio, video) to webpages
- to provide an introduction to ActionScript 3.0 and its use for controlling Flash movies
- to review technical and legal issues about the creation, storage, distribution
and publishing of different media on the internet
- Multimedia techniques: Use of Fireworks and Flash for developing multimedia content for the web (images, animations, video, audio).
- Images: Common image formats: gif, jpeg, png. Tools for capture,
development, management and publishing of images. Image editing and optimisation. Animation and roll-over effects. Web photo albums, including Flickr.
- Website usability: Screen design. HTML and CSS. Image optimisation: bandwidth and browser dependency. Web Navigation: Image sprites, roll-over images and navigation menus.
- Sound/audio: Common formats. Standards. Tools for development,
- Legal issues: Copyright and IPR protection.
- Introduction to Web Authoring, Advanced Web Authoring or equivalent.
- Good HTML and CSS skills
- Use of Dreamweaver to author and publish websites.
- 15 CATS points at Level 5 NQF