Introduction to Web Authoring using XHTML and CSS
- to design and build a website for a case study small business or optionally for
an organisation of the students' choice
- to validate a website so that it complies with current web standards (XHTML and CSS)
- to publish a website online
- to encourage students to acquire self-study skills so they can keep
up in the context of rapidly-changing technologies, tools, techniques
- Web Page Authoring: Web page authoring using web standards for XHTML and CSS.
Browser differences. Validators.
- Web Design: Colour theory. Layout and typography. Accessibility.
Storyboarding. Sitemap. Planning website architecture.
- Web Publishing: FTP File Transfer Protocol
- Legal issues: Copyright and IPR
- Basic PC and internet skills. IN is normally the first module studied
- File compression tools (compress files, extract compressed files using
- Folder and file management (create, rename and organise folders, recognise
filetypes from their file extension, change folder options)
- Searching the web using a browser (save a web page, view a page source,
open local files, adding to favourites, change browser settings, use History
menu, download resources)
- 15 CATS points at Level 4 NQF