Multimedia Web Programming using Flash and ActionScript
- to explore more advanced aspects of Flash and its use in the design and development of multimedia content for the web.
- to further students understanding of ActionScript 3.0 by exploring its use in the development of multimedia content using images, sound and movies.
- to develop ActionScript programming skills to build interactive content for the web.
- Introduction to Flash: Movies: Stage, timelines, frames, layers, scenes,
publishing. Vector graphics, images, sound, movie clips. Symbols, libraries,
tweening, masks, actions, interactivity.
- Web Design and Development: Advanced use of Flash and
Fireworks to create interactive web pages. User experience: integration
of multimedia assets, images, sounds, graphics, movies.
- Programming with ActionScript: Actions Panel. Variables and data types. Basic Actions, operators and control structures. Functions and properties. Event Handling. Simple game creation.
- Web Authoring (XHTML/CSS and Dreamweaver) and Developing Multimedia Assets using Fireworks and Flash, or equivalent or basic knowledge of use of Flash.
- Basic principles of programming.
- 15 CATS points at Level 5 NQF