- to use project management techniques to complete a realistic project
for a small business.
- to demonstrate your skills and competence in using a range of IT tools
and applications in developing a real business system, eg. website, database,
financial/spreadsheet model, e-shop.
- to work with a 'real' customer to understand their needs/requirements
and deliver a working solution.
- Task: Implement IT tools, models or systems to solve a realistic business
problem related to one area of the IT Applications programme.
- Project planning and management: Basic principles of project
management and production of project plan. Development of Project Definition
- User requirements: Basic principles of requirements gathering
including at least one 'industry-standard' method. User requirements specification
templates. Acceptance requirements.
- Configuration management: At least one method to plan and control
deliverable development, release and publication.
- Legal issues: Copyright and IPR, privacy and data protection
- Completion of at least 7 other ITApps modules.
- 15 CATS points at Level 5 NQF