Web Authoring using Dreamweaver
- to develop expertise in creating and publishing professional quality
websites using an industry-standard web authoring tool (Dreamweaver CS).
- to build on the XHTML and CSS skills developed in Introduction to Web Authoring.
- Authoring Tool Basics of Dreamweaver: Creating websites using range
of techniques to ensure that websites can be maintained and conform to
standards. Libraries, stylesheets, templates.
- Standards: XHTML, CSS. Browser differences. Semantic structure.
- Accessibility: Optimising site accessibility, building accessible tables and forms in XHTML.
- Management tools for publishing websites.
- Tools: Validation, accessibility and browser compatibility testing.
- Introduction to Web Authoring using XHTML and CSS or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of authoring with HTML and some knowledge of CSS.
- Good knowledge of web design: colour theory, font management, page layout.
- 15 CATS points at Level 4 NQF