Software and Programming I
On successful completion of this module, student should be able to understand and explain basic procedural and object-oriented features of the Java programming language. In addition, they will be able to edit, compile and run small Java programs using the BlueJ integrated development environment.
- review of primitive data types and arrays
- branching and loops
- objects and classes
- methods and constructors
- instance and static variables and methods
- public and private access
- inheritance and polymorphism
- exception handling
- strings and input/output
- basic data structures and algorithms
None. However, a general familiarity with computer programming is assumed and successful completion of the module "Introduction to Programming" would be advantageous.
All dates and timetables are now listed in the programme booklets of the individual programmes.
Examination (75%) and coursework, including two in-class tests (25%)
- Horstmann, C. (2010), Java for Everyone. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-471-79191-1