Advanced Web Authoring
- to develop expertise in creating and publishing professional quality websites using an industry-standard web authoring tools.
- to build on the HTML5 and CSS3 skills developed in Introduction to Web Authoring.
- Authoring Tool Basics: Creating websites using range of techniques to ensure that websites can be maintained and conform to standards. Libraries, stylesheets, templates.
- Standards: HTML5, CSS3. Browser differences. Semantic structure.
- Accessibility: Optimising site accessibility, building accessible tables and forms in XHTML.
- Management tools for publishing websites.
- Tools: Validation, accessibility and browser compatibility testing.
- Introduction to Web Authoring or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of authoring with HTML and some knowledge of CSS.
- Good knowledge of web design: colour theory, font management, page layout.
All dates and timetables are listed in programme handbooks, found in the downloads section of individual programme pages.
- Timetable of all departmental teaching events
- Term dates
- Timetable for the week ahead (including venue information)
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.