Building Web Applications using MySQL and PHP
- to build on the basic database design knowledge and MySQL and PHP skills developed in Database Design using MySQL and Web Programming using PHP to develop expertise in data management for web enabled databases.
- to introduce a range of techniques that assist in the design and development of robust, dynamic and secure web enabled database applications.
- to develop programming skills to manage data in web-enabled databases with dynamic web page creation.
- PHP and MySQL: Accessing and interacting with MySQL databases using PHP. Identifying and dealing with concurrency issues in web applications.
- Error Handling: Debugging code and handling errors gracefully.
- File Handling : Processing uploaded files. Using PHP to create and manage external files.
- Graphics: Manipulating graphics with the gd2 library.
- PHP Libraries: Making use of external libraries, e.g. gd2 for manipulation of graphics.
- Classes and OOP: Introducing classes and Object Oriented Programming.
Introduction to Database Technology (using MySQL) or equivalent, Web Programming using PHP or equivalent
- Basic principles of programming
All dates and timetables are listed in programme handbooks, found in the downloads section of individual programme pages.
- Timetable of all departmental teaching events
- Term dates
- Timetable for the week ahead (including venue information)
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.