Introduction to Computer Systems
- Introduction and Overview
- Programming (with Python)
- Data Storage
- Data Manipulation
- Data Abstractions
- Operating Systems
- Networking and the Internet
- Software Engineering
- Theory of Computation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Computer Graphics
Timetables, locations and term dates
Programme specific timetables are listed in the handbooks available for each programme. Please consult the relevant programme page.
- Term dates and holiday closing
- Timetable listing modules by term and day of the week
- Timetable and venue information for the week ahead
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and the location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.
A coursework portfolio consisting of a series of problem sets and an in-class test.
- One two-hour written examination (50%), and
- Coursework Portfolio (50%)
- Brookshear, J.G. and Brylow, D. B. (2019), Computer Science: an overview, 13th edition, Pearson.