Introduction to Web Authoring
- to design and build a website for a case study small business or optionally for an organisation of the students' choice
- to validate a website so that it complies with current web standards (HTML5 and CSS3)
- to publish a website online
- to encourage students to acquire self-study skills so they can keep up in the context of rapidly-changing technologies, tools, techniques and methods.
- Web Page Authoring: Web page authoring using web standards for HTML5 and CSS3. Browser differences. Validators.
- Web Design: Colour theory. Layout and typography. Accessibility. Storyboarding. Sitemap. Planning website architecture.
- Web Publishing: FTP File Transfer Protocol
- Legal issues: Copyright and IPR
- Basic PC and internet skills.
- File compression tools (compress files, extract compressed files using WinZip)
- Folder and file management (create, rename and organise folders, recognise filetypes from their file extension, change folder options)
- Searching the web using a browser (save a web page, view a page source, open local files, adding to favourites, change browser settings, use History menu, download resources)
All dates and timetables are listed in the programme handbooks of individual programmes.