MSc Information Technology Project
The MSc project offers you the opportunity to develop independent research and project management skills and to improve your technical writing and critical analysis abilities.
Supervised by a member of the academic staff, you will conduct a piece of research related to the requirements and design of an information system, implement a piece of software essential for the system and analyse the viability of the proposed solution. There is a small taught component of the module in which you learn how to write the proposal and final project report.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- apply research methods to investigate a question/hypothesis in the context of information systems
- demonstrate knowledge of programming
- plan and carry out a project spanning several months
- undertake critical thinking and exhibit skills of analysis and synthesis
- develop designs for information systems
- employ a coherent research, design, development and evaluation process
- write up results in a clear and structured way
- write programs in appropriate programming languages
- use a coherent information system development process.