Problem-Solving for Programming
Short name: PFP
SITS code: BUCI006H4
Credits: 15 credits
Online material: https://moodle.bbk.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=16434
- to understand the relationship between programming, problem solving and algorithms
- to use a problem solving framework and a range of problem solviong strategies to solve programming problems.
- to deal with elements of sequence, condition and iteration in complex problems.
- to work with data, data types, logical operators and Boolean algebra
- to help students create algorithmic solutions using both a procedural and an object-orientated approach to problem solving.
- Introduction: programming, algorithms and psuedo code.
- Problem Solving frameworks and strategies: sequence, choice and repitition, control structures.
- Data types, variables, logical operators.
- Procedural and object-orientated paradigms.
All dates and timetables are listed in the programme handbooks of individual programmes.