Problem-Solving for Programming
- to understand the relationship between programming, problem solving and algorithms
- to use a problem solving framework and a range of problem solving strategies to solve programming problems.
- to deal with elements of sequence, condition and iteration in complex problems.
- to work with data, data types, logical operators and Boolean algebra
- to help students create algorithmic solutions using both a procedural and an object-orientated approach to problem solving.
- Introduction: programming, algorithms and psuedo code.
- Problem Solving frameworks and strategies: sequence, choice and repitition, control structures.
- Data types, variables, logical operators.
- Procedural and object-orientated paradigms.
Timetables, locations and term dates
Programme specific timetables are listed in the handbooks available for each programme. Please consult the relevant programme page.
- Term dates and holiday closing
- Timetable listing modules by term and day of the week
- Timetable and venue information for the week ahead
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and the location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.