Systems Analysis and Design I
The goal of this module is to introduce the basic concepts of information systems and basic techniques for systems analysis & design.
On completion of this course a sound student will
- have a preliminary understanding of object oriented technology;
- know a process through which information systems are developed;
- be able to build requirements models for information systems using UML 2.
- What Are Information Systems
- Problems in Information Systems Development
- Avoiding the Problems
- What Is Object-Orientation
- Modelling Concepts
- Requirements Capture
- Requirements Analysis
- Refining the Requirements Model
- Object Interaction
- Specifying Operations
- System Design
- Human Computer Interaction
- Software Development Methodologies
The coursework includes two in-class tests and one group project.
AssessmentCoursework (20%) and Examination (80%).
Bennet S, McRobb S & Farmer R (2010): Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design using UML, 4/e, McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0077125363