Web Programming using PHP
- to introduce the PHP programming language.
- to develop the PHP skills required to create dynamic websites, process forms, read and write external file data, and analyse and manipulate such data.
- to encourage good programming practice by writing efficient well-documented code that can be easily understood by colleagues.
- to help students to acquire the self-study skills and resources to enable them to further enhance their knowledge and capabilities with PHP.
- Introduction to PHP: Open Source origins. PHP syntax (variables, control structures, functions).
- Data Analysis: Using PHP to open, read, write and close external files and manipulate data.
- Form Processing: Using PHP to process submitted form data. Validating and displaying data/redisplaying form.
- Security: Avoiding security pitfalls by careful coding.
- Maintaining State With PHP: Cookies. Session management.
- Introduction to Web Authoring.
- Or equivalent web authoring (HTML/CSS) and programming skills.
Timetables, locations and term dates
Programme specific timetables are listed in the handbooks available for each programme. Please consult the relevant programme page.
- Term dates and holiday closing
- Timetable listing modules by term and day of the week
- Timetable and venue information for the week ahead
Enrolled students can find their personal teaching timetable and the location of classes on their My Birkbeck profile.