Pervasive and mobile computing
I conduct experimental systems research in pervasive computing. With distributed systems as my point of departure, I currently explore human dynamics as a core ingredient of urban and social pervasive computing systems.
I am especially interested in the implications of this new computing paradigm for society at large, for example in creating Smart Cities, and also for self-care, for extending the museum experience and in retail.
New book with Shin'ichi Konomi on Smart Cities and the Internet of Things
- Birkbeck Social Mobile app
- Connected City Summit 2016: Smart City Dynamics and Emergency Response
- Hack Day 2016
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing at Birkbeck using the ARM University Program’s IoT Education Kit
- Veronica Cucuiat Projects: Protecting Children in an IoT Enabled World
- Daniel Brownridge Projects: Building an Autonomous Robot
- Stefan Kueppers Project: Crowdsourcing Mobile Controlled Telescopes
- Bloomsbury Hack Day